Photographs from the Martha Craig plaque unveiling
Photos – left to right
- Gordon McDowell, great, great nephew of Martha Craig unveils the blue plaque.
- Gordon McDowell with the extended families of the explorer.
- l.r. Dr. Peter Collins, UHC, Chris Spurr, Chairman-Ulster History Circle, Dr. David Hume, MBE who nominated Martha Craig for the blue plaque and Gordon McDowell, Martha’s great, great nephew.
- l.r. David Hume, Nevin Taggart, Gordon McDowell, Sandra McDowell, proprietor of the Dairy, Gleno, and Chris Spurr.
- l.r. Cynthia Paulding from New York, Leslie McKeague, Co. Cavan, UHC, Peter Collins, Chris Spurr, David Hume, Gordon McDowell, and Tim Clifford of Abbeydene House.
- Matthew Warwick, Ulster-Scots Community Network, reads in Ulster-Scots dialect, the poem which he penned for the occasion.
- Dr. David Hume MBE – committee member of the Ulster History Circle, speaks to the small gathering of guests.
- Gordon McDowell, great, great nephew of Martha Craig recalls his memories (as a small boy) of Martha Craig living in Gleno.