Sir John Lavery plaque unveiling
Date 4th December 2019.
Location – St. Patrick’s Presbytery, 199 Donegall Street. Belfast. BT1 2FL.
Unveiled by – Deputy Lord Mayor of Belfast, Councillor Peter McReynolds.
Funded by – Belfast City Council.
Photographs from the Plaque unveiling ceremony
Photographs left to right:-
- Deputy Lord Mayor, Councillor Peter McReynolds with American Consul General, Belfast, Elizabeth Kennedy Trudeau.
- Guests gather in Donegall Street, Belfast
- Deputy Lord Mayor unveils the blue plaque.
- Chris Spurr, Chairman Ulster History Circle.
- The extended families of Sir John Lavery with Chris Spurr, Chairman, Ulster History Circle, Father Eugene O’Neill, administrator of St. Patrick’s Church and the Deputy Lord Mayor, Councillor Peter McReynolds.
- Father Eugene O’Neill.
- The Senior Strings from St. Malachy’s College playing at the event.
- Denise Ferran, President of Royal Ulster Academy of Arts speaks about the life and paintings of Sir John Lavery, after the unveiling.